When you’re a small business owner, you’ve got plenty on your plate. Whether your responsibilities include managing a fleet or you use your own vehicle primarily for commercial purposes, you need reliable commercial auto insurance. Unlike auto insurance for a personal vehicle, commercial insurance offers unique protection cars being used to conduct commercial operations.
Our auto insurance experts at Value Plus Insurance help Minnesota and Wisconsin business owners connect with the best insurance policy for their needs. Here’s what you need to know about commercial auto insurance for your business.
Protecting Your Business
Commercial car insurance allows business owners to insure their commercially designated vehicles, protecting against liability for damage done while driving. Just like with personal vehicle insurance, accidents are deemed either no-fault or at-fault. Commercial car insurance also protects against other kinds of damage to your commercial vehicle including vandalism and damage due to a storm or hail.
There are three main types of coverage options available for your commercial vehicle including:
● Collision coverage- This type of coverage repairs your vehicle no matter if you are at fault. Even if you collide with a utility pole, your car and injuries will be covered.
● Liability coverage- This coverage pays for damages when your vehicle is designated at-fault in a collision.
● Comprehensive coverage- Comprehensive coverage protects from all types of damage. That means even if your car is damaged while it’s sitting parked, your insurance will cover any repair expenses.
Choosing Your Insurance
To choose the best insurance policy for your business, it’s important to determine your company’s needs. An experienced insurance broker can work with you to determine which policy is the best fit for your company. Remember that an unforeseen vehicle cost can financially impact your business in unexpected and lasting ways as you put together your insurance policy.
Insurance policies are available to cover any of these expenses associated with an accident:
● Coverage for company-owned, rented, and borrowed vehicles
● Liability during loading/unloading procedures
● Liability for property damage and bodily injury
● Personal injury including medical expenses for both employees and passengers
● Towing expenses
● Lost wages due to personal injury
● Collision with an uninsured motorist
● Collision with an underinsured motorist
● Loaner vehicle coverage during a repair
Your Source for Commercial Auto Insurance
When it comes to protecting your business, knowledge is power. That’s why it’s important to work with an experienced insurance brokerage company to choose the best policy for your business.
At Value Plus Life Insurance, we can help you choose the policy that works best for the size and budget of your Wisconsin or Minnesota fleet. Connect with an insurance agent at 952-435-0550 or contact us online to get a completely free quote and learn more about policies for protecting your business.